The Rock talks about his training routines
“Extra’s” Maria Menounos caught up with “The Rock” Dwayne Johnson about his upcoming movie “G.I. Joe: Retaliation,” and the superstar shared his secret to staying in shape with such a busy schedule.
Maria asked “The Rock” about his training regimen for “G.I. Joe,” he said while he is constantly working out for his various roles and wrestling appearances he did have some additional work to do, “With every role comes a different training program, this one in particular was 12-14 weeks of diet, conditioning, training…Training was challenging, which was awesome, It started off at 4 am.”
The Rock went on to say he works out twice before everyone wakes up. “Whatever my call time is I back my time up 4 hours…I’m ‘clangin and bangin’ [in the gym].” While working on a movie he said he gets 5 hours sleep.
The Rock, who was a G.I. Joe fan growing up, said he also had to work with stunt coordinators to elevate G.I. Joe and give fans something they have never seen before.
Fans can see “The Rock” in “G.I. Joe: Retaliation,” Thursday. He also will be stepping back into the ring for WWE’s “WrestleMania” next month and has five other starring roles this year.
About Craig WatfordI graduated form Sheffield Hallam University with 2.1 in Journalism Studies in 2010. I am mainly interested in writing about sports with my favourite sport being football(soccer). I have watched wrestling religiously since I was about 8-9 years old. My favourite match of all time is Austin vs The Rock at Wrestlemania 17.
- @EuroShopWWE why don't you sell more shirts in medium sizes? 2 years ago
- 3 faces of @realmickfoley and yet not one of them are on WWE Supercard! I bet The Bunny will be on there first! 2 years ago
- Were WWE right to future endeavor Justin Roberts? wp.me/p1TrrY-c2 3 years ago
- @WWE have announced that Dean Ambrose will take on Randy Orton tonight on #Raw 3 years ago
- Update on Brock Lesnar's WWE Status, SmackDown Viewership Down, Post-NOC PPV Videos wp.me/p35GJC-qv 3 years ago
- Update on Brock Lesnar’s WWE Status, SmackDown Viewership Down, Post-NOC PPV Videos
- Roman Reigns Headed Home, Undertaker on Canvas 2 Canvas, Brie & Bryan Clip
- On This Day in Wrestling – 20th September
- WWE Re-Write Scripts for Night of Champions, Roman Reigns Replacement
- Post-Surgery Update on Roman Reigns and How Long He Will Be Out of Action