WWE Nominated for six Shorty Awards
STAMFORD, Conn., Mar 30, 2013 (BUSINESS WIRE) — WWE(R) has been nominated for six awards at the fifth-annual Shorty Awards, which honour the best in social media; recognizing the people and organizations producing real-time short content across Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, YouTube, Foursquare and the rest of the social web.
WWE has been nominated for outstanding work in the following categories: Best Overall Brand Presence on Twitter, @WWE on Twitter; Best use of a Hashtag, WWE and Komen for the Cure team up for #RiseAboveCancer; Best Overall Brand Presence on Facebook, WWE’s Facebook Page Network; Best use of Social Media for Television, WWE’s Social Integration on WWE Raw and Smackdown; Best use of Social Media for Video Games, Be on the Cover of WWE ’13; and Best Branded YouTube Channel, WWE on YouTube. The Shorty Awards event will take place on April 8 in New York City.
“We are excited that WWE has been nominated in so many categories by the Shorty Awards,” said Perkins Miller, Executive Vice President of Digital Media, WWE. “The digital team has worked hard on all the initiatives, and we look forward to continuing to push the level of creativity and content through multiple platforms.”
WWE, a publicly traded company WWE +1.03% , is an integrated media organization and recognized leader in global entertainment. The company consists of a portfolio of businesses that create and deliver original content 52 weeks a year to a global audience. WWE is committed to family friendly entertainment on its television programming, pay-per-view, digital media and publishing platforms. WWE programming is broadcast in more than 145 countries and 30 languages and reaches more than 600 million homes worldwide. The company is headquartered in Stamford, Conn., with offices in New York, Los Angeles, Miami, London, Mumbai, Shanghai, Singapore, Istanbul and Tokyo.
About Craig WatfordI graduated form Sheffield Hallam University with 2.1 in Journalism Studies in 2010. I am mainly interested in writing about sports with my favourite sport being football(soccer). I have watched wrestling religiously since I was about 8-9 years old. My favourite match of all time is Austin vs The Rock at Wrestlemania 17.
- @EuroShopWWE why don't you sell more shirts in medium sizes? 2 years ago
- 3 faces of @realmickfoley and yet not one of them are on WWE Supercard! I bet The Bunny will be on there first! 2 years ago
- Were WWE right to future endeavor Justin Roberts? wp.me/p1TrrY-c2 3 years ago
- @WWE have announced that Dean Ambrose will take on Randy Orton tonight on #Raw 3 years ago
- Update on Brock Lesnar's WWE Status, SmackDown Viewership Down, Post-NOC PPV Videos wp.me/p35GJC-qv 3 years ago
- Update on Brock Lesnar’s WWE Status, SmackDown Viewership Down, Post-NOC PPV Videos
- Roman Reigns Headed Home, Undertaker on Canvas 2 Canvas, Brie & Bryan Clip
- On This Day in Wrestling – 20th September
- WWE Re-Write Scripts for Night of Champions, Roman Reigns Replacement
- Post-Surgery Update on Roman Reigns and How Long He Will Be Out of Action