– Below is Backstage Fallout from Monday’s RAW:
– Monday’s episode of RAW scored 202,321 in social media activity, which is down 8% from last week. RAW ranked #3 on cable TV Monday night, trailing “Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta” and the Bulls vs. Nets NBA Playoffs game.
– The steel cage match with Brock Lesnar and Triple H has been planned all along, even before WrestleMania 29, but it was moved up to Extreme Rules because of CM Punk taking time off. The match may have been planned for SummerSlam or a later pay-per-view.
– There has been a lot of head-scratching over the way Antonio Cesaro has been booked lately, from a series of losses to dropping the United States Title after previously being booked strong.
It’s said that Cesaro has not done anything to be in WWE’s doghouse and isn’t considered to be. Cesaro’s booking was explained by a source as just the way WWE creative and production changes from week to week these days. WWE officials really are going back and forth from week to week on who they want to push and who they don’t want to push.
– There is said to be a strong disconnect between The Rock and WWE right now, although no side will admit it publicly.
Some people within WWE feel that The Rock didn’t do right by the company with his most recent a run. With that said, a source adds that there will always be people in WWE saying those kinds of things about The Rock.
Regarding the disconnect between Rock and WWE officials, the feeling is that everything will be smoothed out over time.
– Here is the updated list of events CM Punk is being advertised for:
* RAW on May 27th from Calgary, Alberta Canada
* RAW on June 3rd from Hartford, CT
* RAW on June 17th from Grand Rapids, MI
* RAW live events on July 4th and 5th from Japan
* RAW live event on July 6th from Taipei, Taiwan
* RAW live events in Australia from July 26th through the 30th
– Batista tweeted the following this weekend, possibly teasing a return to pro wrestling:
“Very rewarding long week. #IMissTheDaysWhen I could entertain you live and in person, but #TrustMe, you’re going to love what’s coming…”
The ongoing saga of the Hulk Hogan sex tape took another turn on Monday, as the Gawker digital publishing company appeal the temporary injunction Hulk Hogan received ordering all video clips and written descriptions of the Hulk Hogan-Heather Clem sex tape to be taken offline.
Gawker argued that the description of the video clip could not be pulled due to freedom of speech and a judge sided with them over Hogan.
Hogan also filed a motion with the court, requesting that Gawker be be held in contempt for refusing the adhere to the court order and placing the footage on another website and linking to it at the same time it was removed from their own site. Hogan is arguing that linking to the footage falls under the behaviour that Gawker was prohibited from doing.
– WWE Legend “Superstar” Billy Graham announced on Facebook that he has been released from the hospital and is headed back home. He wrote:
“I want to thank all of mine Facebook fans for their thoughts and prayers for my recovery. I am working my way back to Phoenix where I will immediately report to the Mayo Clinic Hospital for follow up with my liver transplant team. By God’s grace I shall continue to overcome. As always thank you my Facebook fans…no looking back! Superstar”
1. Can The Shield be stopped?
There’s perhaps nothing more shocking than watching The Undertaker take a beating. When is the last time the WWE Universe witnessed The Phenom thoroughly dismantled like The Shield did at the close of SmackDown? And on last week’s Raw, the “Hounds of Justice” scored a win over Undertaker & Team Hell No in a Six-Man Tag Match. Certainly, the Raw roster will be on high alert for what the brazen young Superstars are planning next.
2. A new Divas Champion on the horizon?
It’s official. After winning a Battle Royal on last week’s Raw, AJ Lee is the No. 1 contender to Divas Champion Kaitlyn. Since capturing the Divas Title on the 20th anniversary of Raw, Kaitlyn defended her title against the formidable Tamina Snuka at Elimination Chamber, but has not faced a serious threat to her reign since. Certainly, AJ would like nothing more than to bring home the Divas Title and celebrate with her World Heavyweight Champion boyfriend, Dolph Ziggler.
3. No love lost between Ziggler, Swagger and Del Rio
The animosity between World Heavyweight Champion Dolph Ziggler, Jack Swagger and Alberto Del Rio continues to heat up. Adding fuel to the fire is Zeb Colter, who recently inserted himself in the action when he fed Swagger a Kendo stick to initiate a brutal assault on Del Rio on SmackDown. As their Triple Threat Match at Extreme Rules approaches, will the viciousness only escalate among this trio?
4. “Fandangoing” through Europe
Fandango enjoyed a big week overseas, capturing victories over veteran Superstar William Regal on Raw and Justin Gabriel on SmackDown. His Raw win was marred by Chris Jericho, though, who attacked from behind on the entrance ramp and proceeded to tango with Fandango’s lovely dance partner. With Y2J one up, what will Fandango’s next move be?
5. How severe is Cena’s injury?
WWE Champion John Cena and Ryback can’t seem to wait until their match at Extreme Rules to get their hands on each other. Last week, the WWE Champion closed out Raw in dramatic fashion by fending off The Shield and decimating Ryback with an Attitude Adjustment. And during WWE European tour, The Champ was injured. What will unfold as Raw heads into Columbus, Ohio? Tune in Monday at 8/7 CT on USA Network.
Taken from WWE.com
– WWE COO Triple H tweeted the following on Monday morning, teasing that tonight’s WWE RAW from Columbus, Ohio could feature some involvement from DX:
“Columbus…..R U READY? #Raw”
The New Age Outlaws wrestled on the WWE European tour that just wrapped up this weekend, so it’s possible we’ll see them on TV tonight.
–WWE.com has a new article up looking at Triple H’s upcoming steel cage match against Brock Lesnar at Extreme Rules. The piece emphasizes that Lesnar’s past as a UFC cage fighter will work to his advantage:
“Will Brock Lesnar’s experience fighting in the UFC’s Octagon prove advantageous or detrimental when he steps inside WWE’s steelcage against Triple H at Extreme Rules?””
– WWE Hall of Famer Edge responded to a fan who Tweeted him about John Cena’s Achilles tendon injury. The fan noted that Edge had the same injury during his career, and it kept him out of action for 12 months. Edge replied:
“Actually 6 months, not a year. Still sucks though. He’s stubborn, he’ll get through it”.
– Antonio Cesaro granted several wishes with WWE and Make-A-Wish while the company was in Switzerland earlier this month. These are Cesaro’s first wishes as a WWE Superstar. He was also named WWE’s Swiss Make-A-Wish Ambassador. Here are some photos:
– The Undertaker was not scheduled to wrestle at May’s Extreme Rules pay-per-view but with CM Punk missing the show and John Cena possibly being off the pay-per-view due to his injury, there is now talk that Taker may be brought in to add star power to the line-up.
– As noted earlier, John Cena suffered an injury to his right Achilles tendon in a match overseas, according to WWE.com.
Their report was vague and didn’t really mention the extent of the injury or how Cena was hurt but they did however credit the injury to Ryback.
WWE’s RAW tour ended with ashowlast night in Lodz, Poland and the crew is on their way back for RAW in Columbus, Ohio, tomorrow night.
At last night’s event, Cena teamed with Kane and Daniel Bryan to defeat Ryback, Dolph Ziggler and Big E Langston – the same match they had done previous nights on tour. It’s worth noting that no fan reports from last night’s show mentioned anything about an injury
– WWE Champion John Cena tweeted the following on Sunday afternoon regarding WWE.com’s report that he suffered an Achilles tendon injury last night overseas:
“Finally home from a great European tour. I’m banged up, but I’m not going to miss Monday Night #Raw