Below is a photo of Randy Orton’s new WWE Title side plates. They contain the RKO snake logo that is currently on his t-shirts.
– Steve Austin discussed with IGN some of the challenges of doing WrestleMania at a stadium versus an arena.
“When you go to a place like Toronto, the Sundome, the acoustics aren’t real good in that place,”Austin said. “You can be in there – this actually happened to us in Detroit, when I was refereeing the match between Vince’s side and Trump’s side – and you think you’re stinking up the joint because you can’t hear anything. You need those speakers on the ring apron. [In Detroit] we thought we were s***ing the bed out there.
“That’s more on specific, trickier buildings though. On 20,000 seaters versus 70,000 seaters, a couple hours before when you see the setup, it’s certainly awe-inspiring, but as far the work goes, as long as the acoustics are good, it’s all the same.”
– Former WWE Diva Eve Torres turns 29 years old today.
– John Cena successfully underwent surgery on his triceps earlier today. He tweeted the following about the procedure, including a photo of him with Dr. James Andrews:
“Bit of a rough crowd for a farewell address, but I would have it no other way. I will miss @WWEUniverse I love ALL you guys see u soon!”
“Surgery went very well, Dr Andrews has more than done his part, now I will do mine.”
“Me and the Miracle Man Dr. Andrews, thanks 2 him and staff ill be back soon! “
Regarding the finish to the SummerSlam WWE Title match, many people backstage believed it wads fantastic but some took the “now we can tell a great story and when Bryan gets his revenge it will get him over even more” stance.
Some took the “they should have let Bryan have his moment and it would have made him right there and he wouldn’t have had to be made after a chase” position.
Several within WWE also commented that the it made no sense for Bryan to not kick out considering how much time passed between Triple H’s Pedigree and Orton’s pin.
Few people also pointed out that it’s ridiculous that a maneuver from a retired wrestler is so devastating that it outdid anything that John Cena did in the match.
The WWE NXT Tout account posted a video of Paul Heyman teasing that his next recruit may be a “Paul Heyman girl” instead of a male wrestler,leading fans to speculate that Heyman may be recruiting NXT Women’s Champion Paige. Heyman confirms he has found his next star but doesn’t say who:
– Wrestling DVD News.com reports that former WWE announcer Matt Striker will be hosting the “Best of WWE at Madison Square Garden” DVD and Blu-ray that comes out later this month. The segments were filmed before Striker was released back in June.
– Word going around at SummerSlam is that John Cena is still looking to have elbow surgery this coming week. We won’t know how long he could be out until after the surgery. Cena also suffered a left eye injury during the SummerSlam match with Daniel Bryan.
– In an update to the story about two men attacking Alberto Del Rio near WWE’s hotel over the weekend, PWInsider reports that the incident happened at an Irish pub near WWE’s hotel. Del Rio reportedly got into a verbal argument with someone and that person hit Del Rio with his friends jumping in. This led to Drew McIntyre stepping in to help Del Rio.
The incident actually happened on Saturday night. When Del Rio returned to WWE’s hotel early Sunday morning, he was sporting two black eyes and trying to hide his face from everyone in the lobby. Drew ended up with two knots on the side of his head.
– Below is the latest episode of The JBL & Cole
– WWE is running a new contest where students can bring a “be a STAR” rally with WWE Superstars to their school. All you have to do is take the pledge to be entered. The grand prize winner will receive a rally at their school featuring WWE Superstars. Other prizes include, $1000 grants towards computers, “be a STAR” laptops and backpacks with supplies.
– Darren Young’s Friday appearance on NBC’s The Today Show was alast minute deal, according to PWInsider. He was pulled from regular SummerSlam media appearances to do the interview
The WWE 2K14 “30 years of Wrestlemania mode” roster was scheduled to be released today at WWE Axxess but IGN.com posted the roster this morning. Realizing a mistake was made by revealing the “30 years of Wrestlemania mode” roster too early, IGN quickly pulled the article but a fan was able to copy and paste the names which are as follows:
Alberto Del Rio
Andre the Giant
Big Show (Retro)
Brock Lesnar (Retro)
Chris Jericho (Retro)
Hollywood Hulk Hogan
John Cena (Retro)
King Kong Bundy
Macho Man Randy Savage
Ric Flair (Retro)
Shawn Michaels (Retro)
Stone Cold Steve Austin
The Rock (Retro)
Triple H (Retro)
Embedded in the video below is footage from Darren Young’s appearance on NBC’s ‘Today’ show. Young talks about how happy he was to come out publicly and said that he had been suppressing his feelings for a long time. Young also said he got some advice from Jason Collins yesterday, who is the first openly gay male player in the NBA.
“He [Collins] actually gave me some advice on how to handle this whole situation and how to cope with it and how to be positive and be a strong individual,” Young said.
Young mentioned that he felt it was the right time to come out. “I felt like it was the right place and the right time,” Young said. “I feel by coming out I’m going to make a big difference in a lot of people’s lives.”
WWE superstar Darren Young was in the grip of a force more powerful than John Cena when he decided to come out of the closet … and that force is love.
WWE sources tell TMZ … Young told the wrestling org. he is “deeply in love” with his boyfriend of 2 years … a man named Nick (pictured below with Young). We’re told Young — whose real name is Fred Rosser — has been living with Nick for some time now in Florida.
Our WWE sources say Young told them Nick was actually the driving force in his decision to come out.
As you know … Young dropped the bombshell on a TMZ photog at LAX earlier this week. Since then … he’s received a ton of support, from wrestling superstars including John Cena himself. He also got a call of support from fellow gay professional athlete Jason Collins.