The WWE NXT Tout account posted a video of Paul Heyman teasing that his next recruit may be a “Paul Heyman girl” instead of a male wrestler,leading fans to speculate that Heyman may be recruiting NXT Women’s Champion Paige. Heyman confirms he has found his next star but doesn’t say who:
– Wrestling DVD News.com reports that former WWE announcer Matt Striker will be hosting the “Best of WWE at Madison Square Garden” DVD and Blu-ray that comes out later this month. The segments were filmed before Striker was released back in June.
– Word going around at SummerSlam is that John Cena is still looking to have elbow surgery this coming week. We won’t know how long he could be out until after the surgery. Cena also suffered a left eye injury during the SummerSlam match with Daniel Bryan.
– Below is the latest episode of The JBL & Cole
– WWE is running a new contest where students can bring a “be a STAR” rally with WWE Superstars to their school. All you have to do is take the pledge to be entered. The grand prize winner will receive a rally at their school featuring WWE Superstars. Other prizes include, $1000 grants towards computers, “be a STAR” laptops and backpacks with supplies.
– Darren Young’s Friday appearance on NBC’s The Today Show was alast minute deal, according to PWInsider. He was pulled from regular SummerSlam media appearances to do the interview
Embedded in the video below is footage from Darren Young’s appearance on NBC’s ‘Today’ show. Young talks about how happy he was to come out publicly and said that he had been suppressing his feelings for a long time. Young also said he got some advice from Jason Collins yesterday, who is the first openly gay male player in the NBA.
“He [Collins] actually gave me some advice on how to handle this whole situation and how to cope with it and how to be positive and be a strong individual,” Young said.
Young mentioned that he felt it was the right time to come out. “I felt like it was the right place and the right time,” Young said. “I feel by coming out I’m going to make a big difference in a lot of people’s lives.”
“Oh wonderful,” Cena said … “I know Darren personally. Darren’s a great guy. That’s a very bold move for him. And congratulations for him for actually finally doing it.”
Cena says he’s proud of his friend … especially because he has a brother who is gay and he knows how tough it can be to come out.
As for the WWE, Cena says he doesn’t think the organization will care one way or the other — and that’s a good thing.
“For us, it’s entertainment … and if you’re entertaining you shouldn’t be judged by race, creed, colour or sexuality … as long as you’re entertaining.”
WWE superstar Darren Young just dropped a bombshell, telling TMZ, he’s gay … and no, this isn’t part of the act.
Darren was at LAX Wednesday when we asked whether a gay wrestler could succeed in WWE, and Darren laughed, saying, “Absolutely. Look at me. I’m a WWE superstar and to be honest with you, I’ll tell you right now, I’m gay. And I’m happy. I’m very happy.”
For the record, Darren is now the first openly gay wrestler ever at WWE … and the first headlining wrestler ever to come out while still signed to a major promotion.
Other pro wrestlers have been rumored to be gay, but that’s it … just rumors.
Bottom line: this is big, big news. For all its chauvinism and testosterone-driven bravado, coming out in WWE is tantamount to coming out in the NFL.
Of course, wrestling is a little different, particularly because of how physical it is, and how little clothing is involved — but Darren is completely unfazed. Watch the video to hear why.
You can see the full video below:
The top five terms trending worldwide on Twitter last night after the conclusion RAW were: #RAW, Khali, #WWE, Kofi Kingston and #SummerSlam.
Other terms that trended throughout the show included Bray Wyatt and HHH, just to name a few.
-WWE has added the new “Backstage Fallout” video for this week’s edition of WWE RAW, the “go-home” show for this Sunday’s WWE SummerSlam pay-per-view event in Los Angeles, California.
This week’s Backstage Fallout for RAW features Rob Van Dam, Randy Orton and the host of this Sunday’s SummerSlam pay-per-view, The Miz.
– WWE Superstar Big E Langston tweeted the following about a fan attacking Randy Orton in the ring at Tuesday night’s WWE Live Event from Cape Town South Africa:
“That’s not exactly what we mean by “intimate fan experience.” #WWECapeTown”
– Here is anew video of the attack on Randy Orton, which is much clearer than the previous version that was circulating online:
TNA has released the second #August1Warning video, which they say was delivered to their offices on Monday afternoon.
In the video, the mystery man says that he’s not Dave Bautista – and even though Bautista is a good actor, he’d beat the former WWE superstar in a fight.
Here’s the video:
“At 4:45pm today (Monday), a second video tape arrived at the offices of IMPACT WRESTLING from the party claiming to be #August1Warning. Again, we do not endorse the content.”
In this edition of the JBL & Cole Show, Cody Rhodes and JBL participate in the official Gentlemen’s Duel Press Conference – and things get heated! The guys also visit Baltimore Maryland and revisit some of the most famous “streaks” that occured in this historical city.
A quick video tour at the grand opening of the WWE Performance Center in Orlando including WWE Executive Vice President of Talent and Live Events Paul Levesque (Triple H) and Florida Governor Rick Scott talking about the facility.